Thursday, June 25

turkey up a Tree


When mothers get that "what are you up to" look in their eye, you can be sure the kids are "up to" something. As I listened, I could hear the usual "yeeping" of baby birds responding to dear old mom. I looked around and discovered just what the turkey poults were up to. They were up to about 10 feet above my head in the pine tree on the other side of the barbed wire fence! Apparently, when I stopped the car to look, she told them to get moving, while she checked out the possible predator.

7 little turkeys were hiding among the branches and pine needles! There were 2 hens traveling together with 9 poults between them, this was a quick grab shot. Who knew tiny turkeys could fly when they were the size of softballs!

1 comment:

Florida Beach Basics said...

how cute is that little guy in the tree! good pic. marge