Friday, March 12

Haliaeetus leucocephalus

Last Friday the teachers all had in-service, we paraprofessionals didn't, so I went off looking for ducks to take pictures of at Canyon Lake (Rapid City, SD). Forgot the ducks immediately as one of this pair flew over my car, also headed for the lake. I resisted the urge to run the red light in front of me and follow it. I know this snag was a favorite perch last winter, so I went looking and there they were! OMG! There was a guy driving a local Internet/Cable/Phone company truck who followed me in to the parking lot, also armed with camera and a longer lens than my small telephoto. We had a great time just admiring and taking what pictures we could, because, once again, we were in the fog. I wasn't playing hooky, but he was. I promised not to rat him out. :o)

I was very flattered when our webmaster asked to use the photo as part of the header for our Rapid City Academies website, we are the EAGLES! How cool is that for a chance encounter? Not ready for prime time (National Geographic), but what a nice compliment, thank you.

3 comments:

R.Powers said...

Hey! That's great! Really nice eagle photo!

Florida Beach Basics said...

beautiful photo! and no snow! hope all is well. marge

Anonymous said...

Awesome pic! There was a pair that wintered on the lake where our office building was in The Woodlands, but I'm not the photographer of the family!
Judy S